INDEPENDENT STUDYWe recommend:
- Reading real books in Spanish (picture books, chapter books, nonfiction books, what have you) from your local library. Visit the Timberland Regional Library System here.
- Tripulantes de la Lectura, a site maintained by the Mexican Department of Education, where you can access virtual children's books in Spanish for children 3-10 years old.
- WordReference.com, a great online Spainsh-English dictionary.
- Using Pimsleur language learning materials
- Free online courses available through the Timberland Regional Library System website: Pronunciator (similar to Rosetta Stone) and Muzzy (an animated film first created by the BBC as a way of teaching language)
- "Practice Makes Perfect" workbooks
- Listening to radio
- Listening to music
- Watching movies
- Watching Spanish Language Television
- Attending meetings of The Olympia Spanish Conversation Group
- Using flashcards
- Listening to podcasts like Coffee Break Spanish (Beginners), Radio Ambulante (Advanced and Advanced Intermediate), and others.
- Visiting and exploring the links and other resources on our Resources Page
- In-person classes: 825 Legion Way SE, Suite C3 (around back). Free parking available in parking lot. If parking lot full, street parking available on Pear St. SE or 7th Ave. SE. Cost (8am-5pm): $.75/hour (Pay by Phone only).
- Hybrid classes: Students have the option of attending in person or via Zoom.
- Children's classes are held in person at location above.
- Lunch Drop-in Conversation classes are held via Zoom.
Please contact us for more information: ethan [at] lenguarica.org
ADULT CLASS SCHEDULE
|7 February - 28 March||COURSE: AZUL||11 April - 27 June||COURSE: ROJO||11 July - 29 August||COURSE: AMARILLO||12 September - 31 October||COURSE: CARBÓN|
INTERMEDIATE SPANISH (Hybrid)Thursdays 6-8pm, Pacific Time. REGISTER HERE.
|9 February-30 March||COURSE: VERDE||13 April-29 June||COURSE: MORADO||13 July-31 August||COURSE: ANARANJADO||14 September-2 November||COURSE: ESMERALDA|
ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE SPANISH (Hybrid)Tuesdays 10am - 12 noon, Pacific Time. REGISTER HERE.
|7 February - 28 March||COURSE: CONVOCACIÓN DE PALABRAS||11 April - 27 June||COURSE: REPASE Y ESCRIBA||11 July - 29 August||COURSE: To be determined||12 September - 31 October||COURSE: To be determined|
ADVANCED SPANISH (Hybrid)Thursdays 10am - 12 noon, Pacific Time. REGISTER HERE.
|February-30 March||COURSE: EL CARTERO DE NERUDA||13 April-29 June||COURSE: RADIO AMBULANTE||13 July-31 August||COURSE: TED TALKS EN ESPAÑOL||14 September-2 November||COURSE: LEYENDAS COSTARRICENSES|
These 60-minute sessions feature facilitated discussion and, occasionally, a game or two.
Cost: $15/class. 8-class-discount: $100
INTERMEDIATE SPANISH LUNCH HOUR CONVERSATION VIA ZOOM.
Tuesdays 12 noon-1pm Pacific Time, starting 7 February. ADVANCED SPANISH LUNCH HOUR CONVERSATION VIA ZOOM
Wednesdays 12 noon-1pm Pacific Time, starting 9 February.